Morning temps around 21 Celcius, noon around 30 and very pleasant evening temps of 23.
That is Vienna end of May!
Don't miss the endless al-fresco bars, pubs and open-air-stages AND prepare for one of the most sought-after freebie-concert in Vienna:
Summer Night's Concert Schönbrunn 2011
Conductor: Valery Gergiev
Thursday, 2nd June 2011, 9pm
Schoenbrunn Palace Gardens, in front of Neptune's Fountain,
The unique baroque surroundings of Schoenbrunn Palace offer a great scenery for this excellent concert played by the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra.
Like every year admission is absolutely free and the event will take place with good weather only.
There is an alternative date in case of rain, but it is not published yet. Let's hope the weather god will mean it well.
Also not published is the detailed "chartlist", but you can expect hits from Josef Strauss, Franz Liszt, Joseph Lanner, Johann Strauss, Richard Strauss, Jacques Offenbach or Maurice Ravel.
More than 30.000 guest are expected!
Here some advices:
- arrive early to guarantee access to the more frontern areas
- wear kind of slippers as you'll walk on gravel paths and hi-heels will definitely be out of place
- consider to pack a rug or a folding chair, as the mass is not provided with seating and you may find a cosy place on the green
- finally we suggest to take a picnic-hamper with you and some bottles of wine as food and refreshments are quite lousy
- AND: use the U-Bahn U4 coming from centre of town, get in the first wagon and exit with the elevator at Schoenbrunn stop. You just have to walk 5 more minutes from there
ENJOY and maybe you'll catch a glimpse of me!